- Astragalus is commonly used to strengthen an under-performing immune system.
- It’s best used over time to build resistance to illness and disease.
- Can be used in conjunction with Echinacea to provide a short term boost to the immune system, especially against colds and flu
- Astragalus is also used to help relieve fatigue, sometimes alongside Ginseng.
Astragalus Propinquus is one of the 50 fundamental herbs used by Chinese herbalists and known to them as ‘huang-qi’. Astragalus root, whether taken as a tea or tablet, has been to shown to have fantastic ability to strengthen a weekened immune system. It works by stimulating the natural production by your body of the proteins called Interferon which play an important part in the front line of defence against viral infection.
Latin name: Astragalus membranaceus
Type: Organic, Dried Root
The dried root in the form of tea, as a tablet or as an extract The powder is quite sweet so can be sprinkled on food Traditional Chinese herbalists recommend taking between three and five tablespoons of the whole herb (root) per day as a decoction SEE HOW TO MAKE A DECOCTION
- DO NOT USE if currently taking beta-blockers, warfarin or any other blood pressure medications.
- Always consult your doctor.
- Do not give to any child under two years old
- Do not use while pregnant or nursing