- As a diuretic Celery Seed can reduce excess water in the body and decrease the uric acid that can cause pain and inflammation in gout and arthritis
- The seeds contain chemical compounds that help our blood vessels expand which can lower blood pressure
- Some herbalists recommend Celery Seed for promoting menstruation
Celery Seed is nature’s diuretic. Ancient Ayurvedic Indians prescribed celery seed to treat water retention, liver diseases and arthritis and these are very much what it is still used for today.
Latin name: Apium Graveolens
Type: Organic, Dried Seed
£2.95 – £4.95
Celery seed can be added to soups, curries, caseroles and other dishes It is also available as an extract in supplement form For a pleasant tasting infusion simply crush one to two teaspoons of seeds and add to a cup of boiling water. Steep for about 10 minutes and take three times a day.
- Avoid Celery Seed if you should be avoiding diuretics
- Before using to control your blood pressure or for any serious conditions such as gout or arthritis, consult your medical professional beforehand
- Do not give to any child under two years old
- Do not use while pregnant or nursing