MenoMood Menopause Mood Relief is a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the relief of symptoms of the menopause including hot flushes, nightsweats, slightly low mood and mild anxiety. This usage is based on traditional use only.
As there is evidence that Black cohosh may have hormone-like actions, this product should only be used by women of childbearing potential if contraception is used.
DO NOT TAKE this product if:
- you are under 18 years of age
- you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- you are of childbearing potential and do not use adequate contraception
- you are allergic to any of the ingredients (listed in section 6)
- your skin is exceptionally sensitive to sunlight (photosensitive)
- you are having light treatment (phototherapy) for any condition
- you are suffering from depression (see below)
- have ever had or are suffering from liver or kidney disease (eg. hepatitis, jaundice or cirrhosis)
- have ever had or are suffering from an oestrogen dependent tumour
Tell your doctor before using this product if you:
- think you may be suffering from depression (see below)
- have a persistent history of menstrual disorders
- have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars. This product contains lactose monohydrate, sucrose and glucose – see section 6.
- are currently taking a medicine containing oestrogen
While you are taking this product:
- avoid excessive sunbathing or the use of sunbeds/ solariums
- stop using it at least 10 days prior to undergoing any surgery.
This product is a traditional herbal medicinal product containing St John’s wort and Black cohosh root. Each coated tablet of this product contains 300 mg of extract (as dry extract) from St John’s wort aerial parts (Hypericum perforatum L.) (3.56:1) (equivalent to 1050–1800 mg of St John’s wort). Extraction solvent ethanol 60% m/m; and 6.4 mg of extract (as dry extract) from Black Cohosh rhizome and root (Cimicifuga racemosa (L.) Nutt.) (4.58.5:1) (equivalent to 28.80–54.40 mg of Black Cohosh). Extraction solvent ethanol 60% v/v.